Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A non-book recommendation

We interrupt our regularly scheduled children's literature blogging to bring you a recommendation. My friend and colleague Tracy Zollinger Turner writes Tiny Mantras, one of the best blogs I've read, and I think anyone who likes children or is a thoughtful person moving through the world should read it.

Pick a post at random, or start with "The story of my son" or "Donating hair" in the navigation bar at the top. Or, if you're a sucker like me, try the posts tagged "tooth-rotting sweet." If you're not hooked, well... I don't know what to say.

Tracy is a gifted writer and gifted observer of life, and her son Declan is a special child. I go to her blog whenever I need a lift.

(Okay, I realize I have almost no readership and she has tons. She doesn't need a mention from me. But this is not about me giving her a plug -- it's about letting my friends who like blogs know about my favorite one.)

Tracy, thank you for your honesty and wit.