Saturday, July 25, 2009

The trouble with blogging

As I was writing the previous post, I found myself going off on a long and circular digression. It went something like this:
(Also, who am I to criticize? Seriously. I wonder if I should even put my opinion in the public domain. I'm questioning myself even as I write this. Then again, it seems conceited to think it matters one way or the other. Who's going to read what I say? Three or four of my friends? If that's the case, why bother to write it at all? Shouldn't I just discuss the book with those friends? Like, in person?)
I'm really struggling with this whole idea of blogging. Sometimes it feels presumptuous. Sometimes it feels silly. Most of the time I don't know what I'm doing. (Is there even such a thing as a PS in blogging? Why do I end up using so many parentheses?)

I guess I'll just stick with it for a while and see what develops. What could happen?